Friday 29 October 2021 at 9:00 PM from Gent*
Pick-up at Antwerp 9:45 PM; Mechelen at 10:10 PM; Brussels at 10:45 PM
Leuven* at 11:25 PM; Luxembourg at 01:45 (Saturday 30 October)
*Participants from Gent or Leuven may select Brussels from the drop down menu while booking and write their Boarding City in the Notes box on our booking order form. We will note your boarding and returning point accordingly in our list of guests.
(Our exact pick-up points for each location above are explained in the FAQ section on our website. The timings mentioned above may be altered depending on the participants joining from each pick-up location. Final timings shall be intimated to the registered participants in advance via email.)
Price (Per person above the age of 6 years on the day of boarding. When you select the age of the participant, Mt. Titlis return ticket price is also added in the total automatically. See ‘What is Jumbo About this Trip’ point 4 below for details.)
BELGIUM: 280 Euro (before deadline), 310 Euro (after deadline)
LUXEMBOURG: 270 Euro (before deadline), 300 Euro (after deadline)
The price includes return trip by bus to Switzerland, Two overnight stay in Interlaken, Free Bus Pass for Interlaken for two days, Return journey by train from Interlaken to Lake Breinz, Itinerary and Information Brochure about tourist attractions (this is sent to registered participants few days before the trip, our tour leaders take you around to most of the tourist attractions), a cake and juice on board on Saturday morning.
- This trip is organized twice a year if/when we have a long weekend holiday. Note that there is official holiday on Monday 01 November.
- Switzerland is still a part of Schengen Territory so any lawful resident in Belgium/Luxembourg can travel there without Visa
- On Tuesday we are back in Luxembourg at around 2:30 AM, Leuven at around 4:30 AM, Brussels around 5:00 AM, Mechelen around 5:20 AM, Antwerp around 5:45 AM, Gent around 6:30 AM
WHAT IS JUMBO ABOUT THIS TRIP
- A LONG WEEKEND in Switzerland giving you a golden chance of a complete visit to the paradise on earth. A full-fledged feeling of Switzerland in one weekend when you visit both the Green Natural Switzerland as well as White Snowy Switzerland and add to your trip the magnificent Rhine Falls and visit to the world famous Swiss cities of Lucerne and Interlaken. Visit to perfect natural temptations like waterfalls, lakes, mountains, snow and so on…
- On Saturday, we start our visit with the stunning views of the Rhine Falls – Europe’s largest waterfalls. Note that usually the ticket to enter the Rhine Falls is 5 € per person but it would cost 4 € per adult (half price for children between 6-16years age) that you can pay to the Tour Manager. After our visit to Rhine Falls, we would go with our own bus to the city of Lucerne which has the popular Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument and the beautiful Lake in Lucerne to enjoy this storybook image of a Swiss town ending the afternoon by checking-in at our hotel in Interlaken. In the evening, we would take a local train to visit a beautiful village on the banks of Lake Breinz near Interlaken. (Included in our price)
- On Sunday, we take a nail biting journey with a cogwheel funicular train to experience a breathtaking view at the whole range of Alps mountains as far as France and Germany (tickets to be paid by participants themselves). Note that the normal price for return ticket with this cogwheel train is 59 euro but since we buy for the whole group, it would cost around 45 euro per adult (half price for children between 6-16years age) that you can pay to the Tour Manager. Followed by a visit to the mighty and scenic lake of Thun and the romantic Swiss town, Interlaken, including a visit to the various Indian movie spots in Interlaken.
- On Monday, we go to Engelberg with our own bus to take the cable car for Mount Titlis where we can have fun at snowy peaks all year long. There are two cable cars that we would need to take to reach the peak of Mount Titlis. One of them is the rotating cable car called Rotair. At Titlis, there are many activities, attractions, restaurants etc that we can enjoy the whole day. The charges of the cable cars are 76 euro per person when booked for a group by us, otherwise it is around 90 euro (depending on the exchange rate of Swiss Francs and commission of the bank). Children below 6 years may join for Titlis for free. Price for children between 6-16 years age is 38 euro. While booking the charges of Mount Titlis return ticket are automatically added in the total price and we buy your tickets in advance to avail group discount for all. No separate payment is required.
- Please consider the age of the child on the day of departure of this trip, not on the day of placing your booking order with us and book their seat accordingly. In order to avoid any discussions with the Mt. Titlis staff members about the correct age of the children, the group leaders may control the official ID mentioning the date of birth of all the children when boarded the bus and any charges if needed shall be asked for as ‘after deadline’ price.
- All the rooms that we offer in this trip are shared rooms with attached toilet and bathroom (each room has the capacity of 4 to 8 persons above the age of 6 years). There is also free wi-fi available at the hotel lobby. If you need separate room, you MUST choose one seat with separate room option and the remaining seats in your group as shared room and write about it in the NOTES box provided on the booking form. Note that we have a limited number of separate rooms only and are given on first come, first serve basis only. Note also that children below 6 years of age pay half price for the seat in the bus only and are not entitled to a separate bed in the hotel. As per European laws, we are obliged to provide a separate seat to everyone including a one day old toddler.
COVID-19 PREVENTION REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST FOLLOW – Our TMs shall announce all important measures in the welcome message for guests in the bus. However, the following MUST be followed by you to avoid risks for anybody:
- Each person (above the age of 16 years) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the EU or India and should generate ‘Swiss COVID certificate‘ using their original vaccination certificate. You may do so by downloading the ‘Swiss COVID Certificate app’ on your smartphones. Click here for more details about it. (EU Vaccination certificate or Belgian Covid Safe App are also valid in Switzerland but still ideal is to have a Swiss certificate to avoid any unnecessary hassles there) If you are not having such certificate yet, you would be required to show the negative RTPCR test wherein the sample was taken latest on Thursday prior to the trip or Rapid antigen test wherein the sample was taken latest on Friday (the day of our departure). With either of the 2 negative test results, you may generate the QR code on Belgian Covid Safe App. RTPCR Test Validity = 72 hours from the time sample was taken. Rapid antigen test Validity = 48 hours from the time sample was taken.
- Since 20 September 2021, new entry requirements in Switzerland have been imposed by the local government. Please click here to make sure that you fulfil one of the different criteria’s to enter Switzerland. Everyone entering Switzerland must present a completed entry form which you may fill only 48 hours in advance of your entry by clicking here. Since we enter Swiss borders on Saturday morning, you may fill this form on Thursday prior to the trip. We shall email you all the required details from our side on Thursday itself. Ideal would be to study everything carefully at the link provided above or contact the helpline number provided by the Swiss Government on the website. See-EU Team shall be available to assist you if there are still any issues.
- Failure to produce this entry form QR Code as well as the Covid safety proof QR Code (e.g. vaccination certificate valid in Europe or PCR test negative result) may result in your expulsion from the trip, it’s activities in Switzerland and you may have to pay other local fines where you were controlled (and perhaps mandatory quarantine according to the local regulations).
- Each person above the age of 12 years must wear a mask covering nose and mouth while boarding the bus.
DEADLINE: Our online reservation deadline with cheaper price for this trip is 26 October. After that the increased registration charges shall apply. Whereas the reservations shall be closed on 29 October at 17hrs CET. Note that the seats may be fully booked much before the deadlines.
Joining the trip or not, but… Don’t forget to join our Facebook group by clicking here and connect to the most vibrant travel community of Indians in Europe. Enjoy the photos, videos, talks about our past trips and to get updates about our upcoming trips.
QUESTIONS?: Do you have questions about price for children, food, documents required to travel, confirmation, accommodation, pick-up points or any other queries about travelling with us? Visit the FAQ section of our website first for the answers. If you don’t find the answer there, then only write us at See-EU@live.be
Don’t forget to read our baggage & other regulations. Click here > BUS REGULATIONS
Also read the terms and conditions carefully at: http://www.see-eu.info/terms/
Photo Courtesy :
Main Photo : https://i.pinimg.com/
Gallery Photos :
The Chapel Bridge : http://www.qstours.com/
Rhine Falls : https://switzerland-tour.com/
Titlis Rotair : https://www.jettravel.ru/